The Disaster Medicine Interest Group at ESEM aims to provide up-to-date, accurate, and useful information as well as guidance to all emergency medicine professionals regarding their role in disaster research and preparedness and response activities. Members will be encouraged to present at the annual meeting on disaster topics of interest including educational topics, ongoing or completed research, published articles, or successful disaster planning protocols or strategies. It will open to ESEM members who are active in or interested in becoming involved in disaster preparedness and response or disaster research.
- In partnership with the ESEM executive board this SIG will publish an annual review of disaster medicine literature.
- Develop guidelines on disaster medicine education for emergency medicine residents and specialists
- Encourage cross collaboration with the DOH/MOHAM disaster medicine committee and other national organizations
- Grow the membership of the disaster medicine interest group
- Increase the volume of ESEM members engaged in disaster research and disaster preparedness and response
- Increase awareness of the disaster medicine interest group activities through the use of the newsletter, social median and didactics.
The aims of the ESEM Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Interest Group is too promote the education of medical students, residents, specialists, and attending physicians in the area of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) through research, innovation and collaboration.
The goals of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Interest Group include:
- Develop curriculum guidelines for EM residents.
- Improve EMS interest group membership communication.
- Promote greater collaboration with the public health community within the UAE